- DEXIS™ CariVu™ allows dentists and hygienists to see into your teeth like never before and capture pictures of them for diagnostic review and sharing with you on-screen.
- The exam is painless and simple. Flexible arms gently hug the tooth and bathe it in near-infrared light as the built-in camera takes video and still images.
- CariVu can be safely used on everyone as often as needed, and because it uses no X-rays, it’s especially beneficial for kids, pregnant women and others who want to avoid radiation.
- A potential cavity may be identified sooner which can call for taking preventive measures then monitoring over time to see whether there’s improvement or decline.
- CariVu is particularly good for finding a cavity between teeth, even in the early stages. Since its actual size and shape can be seen, treatment can be more targeted.
- A cracked tooth can be viewed from multiple angles to reveal the shape and extent of the fracture. This can aid in determining the best course of action.
- Images are stored in your patient record and can be compared from visit to visit. They can also be shared with specialists when necessary.